Our little family

Our little family
groovin at the arboretum

Friday, April 16, 2010

she gets it!!!

Emme's started to talk. Shes said a lot of "da-da" and "bob", which is what she called me...until NOW! She said it! MOM - what a sweet, sweet sound! Easter weekend in Corpus visiting Jeremiah's family it started, and she now says it often. Now I'm not totally sure that she knows shes making my day, every time I hear it, but I don't care. It makes me SO happy!

Shes started to say a few other things too. We were at Target (my favorite hang out now), and she saw a man carrying his probably 3 year old daughter, and she started to point and say "baby"! The little girl wasn't very happy about it, and started to quietly tell her dad " daddy I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl"! Emme was insistent. That was a baby! I instantly grabbed my phone and started the video, so I could have proof that all the time I spend with her reading and translating the world into something she can understand is worth it. AHhhh what a nice moment in Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment